The Club is excited to announce a new program, Practical Pistol! This program is focused on building a participants skill with a handgun. This is not a competition, this is a skill building exercise. We strongly encourage participants to bring their personal defense and carry handguns. Holsters are not required, you can bring your handgun in a case or pistol rug. Please bring you unloaded handgun in a case or rug and do not remove it from that container until directed by a range safety officer. Participants are encouraged to come with loaded magazines or speed loaders, separate from the firearm.
This program will not have running or heavy physical exertion. This will be focused on skill, technique and the participants own skill building. Rimfire handguns are allowed, yet they will not have the desired effect upon our reactive targets. Please, do not bring heavy magnum handguns like the .460 S&W, .454 Casull or the like.
Here is what you should bring:
- Eye and Ear Protection (Both are mandatory as we will be shooting steel targets, regular prescription glasses are not acceptable, side shields are required)
- Handgun (semi auto, revolver, iron sights or electronic sights)
- Ammunition (50-100 rounds should be fine, more ammo is always better)
- Holster (Strong side, outside the waistband holster of quality construction is recommended. If you do not have that kind of holster, bring the handgun in a case or gun rug, unloaded)
- Dress for the weather.
- Water to stay hydrated.
- Optional pen and a notepad to write down your times so you can track your performance.
These events will be held starting at 1700 and run until dusk. It is fine to show up after the start time, just check in with the Range Safety Officers when you arrive. All of these events will be held on Thursday evenings through the Spring and Summer.
These events will be held on the special purpose range. Please park in the paved parking lot by the club house and walk over to the special purpose range. This event is free to ASC members and $10 for non-members.
Please sign up for the event on Practiscore at https://practiscore.com/clubs/atglen_sportsmens_club
Feel free to email Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.